Saturday, September 01, 2012

Blue Moon = Earthshake


In continuation of my nostalgia, I just remembered how the little dino kids from Land Before Time call earthquake an earthshake. You know, together with “Tree Stars”, “Sharp Tooth”, “Long Neck”, “Three Horns”, etc…(that’s not actually my topic. lol).
Anyways, so it was on the news this morning that there’s gonna be a Blue Moon tonight. This is where the term, “Once in a Blue Moon” was derived, because this so-called “Blue Moon Phenomenon” only happens once every two to three years. It is actually referred to as the second full moon in a month. Unfortunately, the weather wanted to spoil the moment, and cast thick clouds over the sky, so the moon was covered. Much to my dismay…
After school today, I went to the mall to buy a new mechanical pencil; but when I got to NBS, I bought more than what I intended to buy. lol! So, because I wanted to check out the Blue Moon from the rooftop, I went to The Peak, and had some Milk Tea w/ Rock Salt and Cheese from Happy Lemon. Like I said, the timing was unfortunate because the sky was overcast, so the moon was hiding. Too bad.
After around an hour or two, and running some errands for my mom, I decided to go home. They said that the blue moon was a good sign for lovers, but probably not for singles. I took a taxi on my way home, but the driver decided to have me transfer because he’s got a flat tire. Worse, I was dropped somewhere only God knows, with no cabs passing by.
I was furious, but I had no choice, so I walked towards Ateneo college so I could hail another cab. I was a little tired already. Imagine me carrying a bag, a book bag, and three grocery bags and walking around half a kilometer. Wasn’t far, but considering my heavy luggage… hehehe. :p
So yeah, I was able to go home, amidst the traffic jam, and when I got home, as I was preparing to wash up, I suddenly felt dizzy. I stopped and stood still, then heard my mom say, “Linog!” which is Cebuano for earthquake. So as I looked at my door, it was dancing back and forth, and I felt like I was on a boat, sailing onto the sea. I was literally rocking, the chandelier was shaking, and our dogs were panicking that they all ran inside the house. What was funny was that amidst all the shaking and the rocking, my cat Sombi looked so calm, eating his fish as if nothing was happening. lol!
Lucky I was already home when the earthquake happened, or I’ll be able to bear witness to the “panic” it’ll cause among the people at the mall. Wonder what I would have done. :p
The earthquake lasted for several minutes, maintaining its magnitude, that I started to feel really dizzy, like I was having motion sickness or something. Mom turned on the radio, and we found out that there was also an earthquake in Samar, Naga, Leyte, and some parts of Cebu; the epicenter being in Samar.
Now that made me thinking…Although Davao was a little unfortunate to not witness the coming out of the blue moon due to uncooperative weather, did it have something to do with the magnitude 7.9 earthquake, or was it just a coincidence? I guess I have to do some researching on that first. hehe..
BTW…I just wanna show you the cause of my expenditure for today.

I only intended to buy the mechanical pencil, but I ended up buying a 4-color pen, hooks (which are totally useless, I know), and a “foldable” fan. :p

0 comments: