Saturday, September 15, 2012

Resident Evil: Retribution


WARNING: SOME SPOILERS AHEAD
So I dunno why “Retribution” though. Probably because to the Umbrella CorporationProject Alice is a criminal, and needed to be punished. That’s what I could think of. :)
Anyways, one of the movie’s tagline is “Evil Goes Global” which for me is sort of an overstatement. True, it was set all over the world, but it wasn’t. If you know what I mean. :p
I haven’t really seen the whole trailer of this movie before, just that one showing the people around the world, then Alice; you know, the one always shown in movie theaters.
So yeah, I was a little amazed when I saw that Ada Wong and Leon S. Kennedywere in the movie! haha! My nephew, Raphael used to play the RE4 game on Play Station 2 with Leon and Ada as the characters. And what made me say, “OMG!” was when there was a scene with a zombie carrying a chainsaw. I was like, “OMG! That was totally in the game!” I remembered too well (even though I wasn’t playing) how I panic whenever I hear that chainsaw revving sound somewhere in the background while Leon (played by my nephew) was fighting zombies. hahaha!! It was like the scariest part in the game. lol! So yeah, I was so excited to tell my nephew that Leon and Ada were in the movie. :)
This movie has less zombies, and more action which, I do not know if it’s good or bad, considering this is a zombie apocalypse genre, and also an action one. Also, unlike in the previous movies, the zombies here are more vicious. Theyrun, they fire guns, they are huge! haha!
Enough spoilers though. My verdict? Totally 5 stars! Guess it was better if I could have seen it in 3D. The 3D-worthy scenes looked epic! :)
P.S. Milla Jovovich is still as gorgeous as ever! :)

0 comments: