Thursday, September 06, 2012

A Trip for Food


Every Thursdays, my friends and I would have this sort of understanding that we would go food-tripping either during lunch, or dinner, or even both. This week’s Thursday wasn’t an exception.
So I was in the bank around lunchtime and Jody called me and asked what would I want for lunch. I told her I wasn’t planning to eat (remember the diet I told you about? lol), but she insisted. Their first choice was Lachi’s, so I just told them to buy me a Choco Torte cake. Then they next decided on Leylam’s Shawarma, so I told them to just buy me a shawarma, not the rice. Their final decision fell on Lachi’s.
I finished my errand in the bank and went out to follow them at Lachi’s when I saw a Japanese guy and suddenly remembered that I wanted to eat Maki. So I called Jody and told her that I wanted Maki. Good thing they haven’t left Abreeza yet, so we all decided to have our lunch at Teriyaki Boy with California Maki. :)

It was a little heavy because Maki is rice, and there were 8 servings per order. But what I love the most was the overflowing wasabi dipped in Japanese soy sauce. It was like the best part in eating sushi. hihi. :p
After lunch, since we all didn’t have classes at one in the afternoon, we decided to stay at Jody’s pad. Darleen, who was actually the one who wanted to feed, bought an ice cream, and we feasted on our dessert at Jody’s. haha! So much for food trippin’?
While in class, since our topic was Oncology, the doctor mentioned that Japanese people are prone to gastric cancer, not because of raw food, but because of eating pickled veggies, and WASABI! hahaha! I couldn’t help but laugh. I mean, it’s scary, but I just love Wasabi so much! :p



So anyways, Dr. Tan also invited the class for the Pink Run “D’feeting Breast Cancer”. It’s a fun run for the Breast Cancer Awareness and whatnot. He was convincing the class to run, when several of my classmates shouted, “Plus points!” Oh, and he said yes! Direct to our exam! haha! Well, as much as I don’t like entering fun runs, I guess I have to register on this one. I just hope registering without running would be enough. I mean, at least I would have helped, right? :p

There was a sort of ceasefire on eating as we had our classes, but by dinnertime, the war began once more. We had a massive pizza and Mojosdinner at Shakey’s Pizza. The mojos were great, but we weren’t able to glub down all the pizza because we all felt so full already. And good thing that most of us said “No,” when Seph suggested Happy Lemon for dessert. haha! Seriously, I was really gonna drop dead there of gluttony. lol!
As much as I wanted to go on with my diet, going with these girls would really force me to break it…with my consent, of course! haha! I just love my girls, and our love for food! :)

0 comments: