Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Lap Chole + Open Chole = 8 Straight Hours! :D

So it was originally supposed to be a Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy, but there were some complications and Dr. Valdez had a hard time working on theGall Bladder, so he decided to do an open cholecystectomy operation.What was supposed to be a 4-small opening incision became a huge one.

And, what was supposed to be a 2-hour procedure went on for 8 hours! :))

So, yeah. I super missed being a nurse. I super missed scrubbing, circulating ang stuff. :D

But it was a really unexpected event. hahaha! I mean I couldn’t believe it’s possible to have a Gall Bladder operation for 8 straight hours. ONE WHOLE SHIFT! hahaha!

Sobrang nanakit ang mga paa, likod at balikat namen. But it was fun though. Dr. Valdez was a fun surgeon. hehehe.

Saludo talaga kami sa kanya. On all of us, he was the only one who didn’t really rest just to finish the operation.

Sabe pa ni ate Vanie, “Kaya pala lalake ang mga surgeon!” hahaha! Because a female surgeon must really be manly to overcome prolonged standing for several hours without water or bladder break.

We started at 10 am and finished at around 6:30 in the evening.

We had some drinks, pizza, and sushi at Cups and Lowercase before we went home.

Dr. Valdez said, “Hindi na ‘to babalik ‘tong mga ‘to sa susunod!” hahaha! But nope, I think I’d still go back. Kahit yun man lang ang maging way for me to reminisce my nursing days. :D

0 comments: