Sunday, May 30, 2010

Clash of the Titans

In the first place, I was like, “Why is it titled Clash of the Titans, when I don’t see Titans fighting, or something like that?” We all know that this movie is about the demigod Perseus.

It’s really weird how they titled the movie as such. It wasn’t a really good movie, either, the effects are just awesome. Maybe if I watched it on 3D, I wouldn’t mind the story. hahaha!

There are a lot of inconsistencies in the movie. For once, in the myths, Queen Cassiopea boasted about herself, and not about her daughter, Andromeda. It was the Nereids whom she offended and not Zeus.

Then, Perseus killed Medusa because he was told by Polydectes to do so. He didn’t know he had to use the head for future purposes.

Also, the monster that Poseidon sent in retribution to Queen Cassiopea’s arrogance wasn’t a Kraken, but another sea monster called Cetus. Rumors said that Perseus might have killed the monster using a sickle, or by turning it to stone using Medusa’s head.

Well, either way, I really liked the battle scenes and such. Plus, Perseus’s guardian Io was really pretty. And I love the Fates. hahaha! They were funny although they looked scarier than what I used to think about how they looked like. :D

0 comments: