Sunday, August 03, 2008

Twilight - Stephenie Meyer


Whoa, believe it or not, hadn't my friend lent me this book, I wouldn't have been able to actually read it.

I've heard about this a long time ago although I was kinda off budget so I wasn't able to buy a copy. Thanks to Delle, she's my lifesaver!

Anyways, I already had some little knowledge about the story of this book. Very little, to be exact. I knew, that it is a love story between a 90-year-old vampire and a 17-year-old human. Sounded crazy, but nothing's ever crazy when you have a terribly creative mind.

I've been reading a lot of books like this already before, but I didn't know what was in this book, that I totally have fallen in love with the main character, Edward Cullen. Yes, the vampire.

No one knew how he looked, 'cept maybe for the movie character played by Robert Pattinson (and he is exactly how I pictured the real Edward).

Since the start when Edward and Bella Swan had an encounter, I immediately had fallen for this irresistible vampire. Truly, Stephenie Meyer didn't only intend to make Edward dazzle Bella in the story, but the readers of the book as well.

All throughout the story, I've always been sighing as I read wonderful quotes from Edward. Crazy, really but I couldn't help it. Who can, right? Most of the people I knew who have read Twilight are also in love with Edward. Too bad he belongs to Bella now, that lucky girl! haha!

And yeah, believe me or not, I've only uttered one bad word ONCE while reading the book. The part where James tricked Bella to having her mom. Yeah, that was when I said, "Putangina, ang galing ng gago!" haha! Vampires could be smart. And HUNGRY ones could be smarter.

Damn! How I love to meet and fall in love with a vampire! Haha! They are so far the most passionate and sweetest creatures that I've encountered. Well perhaps when they aren't thirsty for blood.

And yeah, it's not bad to believe that they truly exist. Sometimes, people tend to confuse legends from realities and as time passes, realities merely become legends told and foretold by the passing generations.

2 comments:

Mheems said...

I super Looove twilight!We reviewed it in Candy nga, ate. Soooobrang ganda!

Neym Ü said...

hehehe...yep, i'm glad i was actually able to read it! =]