Tuesday, August 05, 2008

New Moon - Stephenie Meyer


Ok, so I've read this in two days, with the intervals of checking the internet and making requested themes and chatting with my friends on YIM. Two days. It may seem long already, but i spent around 3 hours yesterday reading the first 15 chapters of the book.

My eyes got pretty stingy so I adjusted it to the light of my computer. And of course, I needed sleep.

So I finished it just a while ago.

I admit, I got a little bored with this book. Probably because of the absence of the Cullens. And it took actually more than 15 chapters before I was able to read Edward Cullen's name repeated over and over again through the course of the book.

New Moon has actually covered most of Jacob Black story. And I thank him for making Bella happy during Edward's absence.

His story might be a little too exciting as well as Edward's, but I cannot suppress the fact that I was reading faster that I used to be...Probably too excited to go by the end and see Edward again.

A wave of relief flooded through me when I saw Alice's name being yelled by Bella inside her house and I was like, "Almost there"

But Edward's return to the pages of the book wasn't at all too exciting as in Twilight. I don't know, it was like the author was only trying hard to find an adventure that could put some climax in this 24-chapter book.

But all in all, it was good. Maybe because Edward has come back and promised once again not to leave Bella anymore. And also maybe because I was so exhuberant that Edward already wanted to marry Bella. And she is still a high school student.

So yeah, I'm reading Eclipse now.

0 comments: