Sunday, August 10, 2008

So much for a Sunday...

I saw him! Juan Paolo Garcia. My high school crush!

Brief history. I was in 4th year high school when I had this extreme crush on Paolo who was then a second yeat student. (But we're only a year apart, trust me. )

At first, pinag ti-tripan ko lang siya because he's cute and he resembles Harry Potter with his hair and round-rimmed glasses.

Then later on, came the tuksuhan from my barkada and his and yun, medyo nagka-crush na ako sa kanya.

So when I reached college, I haven't seen him anymore. I know where he lived though. He is my friend's neighbor and his cousin Carlo, is also a good friend of mine.

Of course things changed when you become more mature. I forgot about him as I learned to fall in love and stuff. Cheesy things. No need to elaborate.

It's been around five years since I last saw him. Then yesterday at Church, I saw him! Or rather he saw me.

Carlo was the one who called me. And I hated the way he did; with the suffix "ate" before my name. It felt so bad. But I'm 22 right now, and he's also 22 already this year. I was surprised when I saw his face. He's still so handsome but he doesn't have glasses anymore and his hair was a little spiky already. He'd grown so tall over the years that I was already looking up at him.

I smiled and my heart raced. It was scary, seeing your crush whom you haven't seen for a long time.

So sila ang lumapit sa akin. Sabi pa ni Carlo, ang daya ko daw, because I don't visit their house na. When I was in high school kasi, I often stay on my friend's house just to spy on theirs.

I realized I was laugjing at the thought and he was silent. And I was like, "Ang laki mo na ah, gumwapo ka lalo..." And then Carlo was laughing.

It was embarrassing but fun at the same time, We talked about his college years. He's also studying in Ateneo now. And he was quite surprised he never knew I became a nurse. Because back then, he knew I would be a Journalist

Well things changed. I didn't ask for his number, nor did he and Carlo, too. As I went out of the church, I thought that maybe I will be able to forget that fateful encounter soon. And maybe when we meet again by accident, then that'll be that time that I really won't let things pass.

He's so sooo hot and it surprised me that my heart beat so fast while I was near him. Damn! This whole single-blessedness thing for more than two years is driving me crazy!!

0 comments: