Thursday, October 04, 2012

Lost in My Own World


So I was in school today (obviously because it’s a Thursday). A friend of mine, Eddieboy asked me to buy him a database for Internal Medicine because he was on duty and he couldn’t go to school anymore.
After my quiz in the afternoon, I went to the finance to pay for the database, which only costs 100 Php. And that was also when I realized that I totally forgot that we needed to have our clearance signed for the pre-finals exams. I don’t know why, but I really forgot about it. hahaha!! So I got my empty copy, and promised to finish it by tomorrow, hopefully. I mean, I haven’t submitted my laboratory tests in the clinic yet, I hope it would be alright.
My completely empty clearance slip… Will try to fill it up tomorrow. :p
Anyways, I went to Abreeza to buy a new set of highlighters, which is sort of useless because it’s already the pre-finals and most of my lessons have been highlighted in the book already. I dunno, I just felt obliged to buy. lol! :))

Yeah, I ran out of yellow and orange marker so even though I wouldn’t need it this time, I had to buy a new set. :p I’m supposed to buy the Bic brand, but they were out of stock, so I resorted to Stabilo Swing Cool, instead. :p
So while I was waiting for Eddieboy to text me, because they were still having a conference, I stayed at Fully Booked to look for new interesting books to read. Eddieboy took more than an hour to text me, so I was able to scrape a whole shelf of books, reading their synopsis at the back cover. haha! Enough to free me from my boredom.
Finally, Eddieboy texted me, and told me he was already in the E.R. So I immediately went out the mall, hailed a cab, and told the driver I was going to the Southern Philippines Medical Center (SPMC). When I was dropped outside the E.R., I called Eddieboy and told him I was outside. Then he said he was outside, but we didn’t see each other.
We argued for a few seconds when it hit me. I never asked him the hospital he was having his duty. I just immediately assumed it was at SPMC. So I asked him which hospital, and he said, “Davao Doctors’ Hospital!” It felt like rocks were thrown on me. WE WERE DEFINITELY IN DIFFERENT EMERGENCY ROOMS! hahahaha!! Worse, SPMC is aroung 20-30 minutes far from Davao Doc. :p
I really didn’t know why I thought he was at SPMC, when I knew he was having his first month of duty at a private hospital. He assumed that I knew…And I assumed wrong. hahaha!! It was really crazy and I felt really stupid!
The result? Eddieboy treated me to dinner at Taps. haha! Well, it wasn’t a treat, actually since he just paid back the amount that I paid to buy his Database. lol! :))
Next time, I won’t assume that much anymore. Doesn’t kill to ask, does it? :))
Oh BTW, in lieu with the VHS tapes that I posted, I also saw some cassette tapes that I used to own. Funny thing is that one of them is an album by Vanness Wu, a former F4 member. If you don’t know what F4 is, they are a Taiwanese pop group that starred in Meteor Garden, the Taiwanese version of Hana Yori Dango. They were like, the fever around nine, or ten years ago. :p 

Shania Twain’s first album. This cassette tape dates back to 1998, when I got it as a Secret Santa present for our Christmas Party in school when I was in 6th grade. I super loved her when I was younger. hihi. :p

There! Vanness Wu’s Body Will Sing album. I also had the F4 album, and also Jerry Yan’s album, but my mom’s still looking for it. haha! Cassette tapes around ten years ago were really expensive, that I had to scrimp through my allowance to buy one. :p

I’m currently looking for my F4 Scrapbook that I made when I was in high school. I know…I was young, alright! :p

0 comments: