Friday, October 12, 2012

A UFO?


So my friends and I went to Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf the other night to study for our respective exams. I didn’t know if it has been too long since the last time I was there (around 2 weeks), or they just had a lot of changes for the past week or so.
We all know that coffee shops usually are self-service, wherein they’ll call your name and you approach their counter to claim your orders. So it really surprised me that CBTL already has this “coaster” thing where it represents a number and it would light up and vibrate if your order’s up. I still couldn’t quite figure out how it works, but it was really mesmerizing.
I just couldn’t contain my ignorance and amazement because honestly, it was my first time to see something like that. I even got to the point where I kept on repeating to my friends that the shop already have that thing, and I ended up staring at it until the red lights turned on and the coaster vibrated. Haha! I got really excited that I volunteered to pick up our orders from the counter.
Because of that ignorance, we ended up ordering at three different intervals just so I could experience that lighting, buzzing coaster. I know it wasn’t much, but trust me, those who know me also knows how easily I get amazed with simple stuff.
Wouldn’t kill you to be innocent sometimes, right? :p
I also was able to use up my collected points to buy a slice of Blueberry Cheesecake. :)

0 comments: