Monday, April 07, 2008

Overnight Trip @ Isla Reta. April 6-7, 2008


BRIEF OVERVIEW: Isla Reta is a resort located at Talicud Island, which literally means at the back of Samal Island. It is an hour boat-ride from Sta. Anna Wharf and one of the yet unspoiled beach resorts in the Island Garden City of Samal.

Isla Reta has its own "lantsa" as what they say or the yacht in English. First trip to the Island was at 9 am which means we arrived at the resort at around 10 in the morning.

We immediately cooked our grilled lunch as we arrived at the resort and we got our "Nipa Hut" cottage where we will sleep. Talicud Island doesn't have an electricity line yet so the resort was run by a generator which was only turned on from 4pm to 6am.

When the sun started to set at around 4 pm, I started to dip my body on the water which of course looked like a swimming pool. We spent a few hours on the sea, going up the mini wharf from time to time to watch my brother and my nephew catch some fish.

It was fun when the tide goes up because the end of the wharf becomes deep, and that was when me, kuya and rap-rap would start swimming by jumping to the water, going up, and jumping again.

I got pretty tired since I woke really early that morning. We were supposed to stay at the nipa hut cottage but the management said there isn't any "electric fan" to be provided inside and looking at the mosquito-infested place, we changed our minds and transferred to the concrete cottage instead.

I showered up and changed into new clothes but that didn't end our day. We went out again and wen to the far end of the resort where there were no cottages anymore rather, there were loads of huge rocks and trees. We had fun picture-taking there until such time that we all really got tired and went to sleep.

My clock alarmed at 5am. I woke my mom up and the others but I went back to sleep because I was too sleepy. I woke up at 6:30 am and went swimming once again for the tide ws so high and the wind was blowing fiercely that waves form like rolls of clouds in the sky.

Before we ended our day, we went back to the far end of the resort, for the morning pictorial and at around 12 noon, we took our boat back to Davao City.

It was really a fun and worth it beach experience. It was our first time staying on a resort in Samal because most of the time, we do Island Hopping which was also fun, but really brief.

Even though I had my period that day, it didn't stop me from having fun. The only thing that I wasn't able to do was to make a bonfire at night because we weren't allowed to. But that was okay, at least I still had fun. Really fun!

0 comments: