Saturday, March 15, 2008

SAW IV - Tobin Bell


Synopsis: Jigsaw and his apprentice Amanda are dead. Upon the news of Detective Kerry's murder, two seasoned FBI profilers, Agent Strahm and Agent Perez, arrive at the depleted police precinct and help veteran Detective Hoffman sift through Jigsaw's latest grizzly game of victims and piece together the puzzle. However, when SWAT Commander Rigg, the last officer untouched by Jigsaw, is suddenly abducted and thrust into the madman's harrowing game, the officer has but ninety minutes to overcome a series of interconnected traps...or face the deadly consequences.

Review: I am actually a huge fan of Saw. I've seen the previous movies from the first one which was shown last 2005 until the third one which I believed was the last Saw movie.


Until my brother bought the "pirated" DVD of Saw IV. It surprised me actually because I was like, "Hey, Jigsaw was already in dead in the third movie, how come there is still the fourth?"


And so I watched. And it surprised me on how the movie got more twisted and more gross! haha!

I really can't help but be amazed with the writers of this movie. From the first movie to the last, even though we've already known who the killer was after the first movie, it was still too confusing as how the movie twists went from the beginning 'til the end.


It was really amazing because unlike any other typical serial killing movies, this movie actually teaches people to value life no matter how helpless they may seem.

Although we knew that John - or Jigsaw as he was popularly known to many - only wanted to teach his victims a lesson, we also couldn't deny the fact that he is a serial killer. A killer who has a penchant of torturing his victims both physically and psychologically.

When I watched the Saw series, it actually scared me. Scared me to the point that I never wanted to waste my life again just like what Jigsaw's victims did. It taught me to love myself, my profession and most especially the people around me.

It may seem weird but this gruesome movie brought positive feedbacks especially when I think about how much people have wasted their time trying to perfect their not-so-perfect lives.


I also salute Tobin Bell's acting even though he only showed up as the cancer-tortured John in the movie, I couldn't agree more as MTV Movie Awards awarded him "Best Villain" two years in a row.

1 comments:

Nhil said...

you know what neym, now i wanna watch the saw. lol

will this movie scare me to death?