Sunday, March 02, 2008

The Queen of the Game - Joo Jin Mo & Lee Bo Young



Joo Jin Mo - Lee Shin Jeon/Chase Lee
Lee Bo Young - Kang Eun Seol
Choi Joon Young - Kim Pil Suh
Kim Soo Hyun - Park Joo Won

Synospsis:
23 years ago, Kang Eun Seol's father, Kang Jae Ho, stole the position of Lee Shin Jun's father. This led to Lee Shin Jun's father to commit suicide with his wife and son. Now 23 years later, Lee Shin Jun, also known as Chase, wants revenge and isn't going to stop until he gets it. He makes Kang Eun Seol fall for him, so that he can get to her father. But there is a twist, Lee Shin Jun has also fallen in love with Kang Eun Seol, but Lee Shin Jun's partner, Park Joo Won loves him too... Later Eun Seol finds out about Shin Jun's revenge plot against her father and she decides to get revenge on him for using her..

Review:

Story: I actually didn't know how the synopsis said that eun Seol took revenge after finding out that Shin Jeon just used her to get back to her father when no revenge actually happened as I watched the whole 20 episodes.

Well, Eun Seol pretended that she took revenge but it was only to end the war between the two families as she realized that they can never be together as long as her father's still alive, and Shin Jeon's mother as well.

Actually, I only took a risk in watching this series because I never knew about it at all. I mean, I only read the synopsis and told myself, why not try watching this? This is the first time for me to see Joo Jin Mo act, aside from some bits and pieces in Fashion 70's, and Lee Bo Young as well.

I knew Joo Jin Mo was also the lead in the blockbuster Korean hit movie, 200 Pounds of Beauty with actress Kim Ah Jong although unfortunately, I haven't seen that movie yet no matter how many times I promise that I would.

They did not fail me though. As I've watched the whole 20 episodes, I've been mesmerized by how well the story went and how well the episodes have connected with each other. Each episode ended with a nice cliffhanger that makes you want to sit down and watch another hour of the next episode.

This series tells a story about revenge and how love has won over evil deeds. It told a legend of undying love and patience until they reached onto a happy ending. I was never bored in every episode and I know I will really not fail if I recommend this to other k-series lovers.

Characters: The character that I loved most here was of course, Kang Eun Seol. All throughout the series, she has shown her tough side and her ability to move a person by love. Being brought up in a welthy family, she has never looked down on people who weren't on her level and she fought for what she believed was right even though it meant breaking her father's heart.

As she fell down together with the illness of her father, she learned to stand on her own feet and fight for life as she got bothered again by the same person whom she loved and left years ago. =]

0 comments: