Monday, January 07, 2008

The First Shop of Coffee Prince - Gong Yoo & Yoon Eun Hye

Yoon Eun Hye - Go Eun Chan

Gong Yoo - Choi Han Kyul

Lee Sun Gyun - Choi Han Sung

Chae Jung Ahn - Han Yoo Joo

Oh my God, after 48 years! I was finally able to finish this series! haha!! Well I've started watching this at around late July, I think when it was still shown in Korea. But because I got a little busy with my personal life, I stalled it for a bit together with Queen of the Game.

So I only got the chance to continue on Episode 8 at around the second week of December and thank God I was able to finish it a couple of days ago, including the special.

So this series is currently being aired on GMA-7. For heaven's sake, why did they get the rights anyway when I wanted to to be ABS-CBN? LOL!!!

Alright, enough of the rantings and let's go to the reviews. Well I've heard that this series was based on a novel although I didn't know the author and I haven't read it because of couse, it'll be Korean.

Let's go to the plot, first. What I like about the plot of this series is that it is very unique. Although it has the typical rich-arrogant boy and poor-pathetic girl character it is unique in terms of these characters personalities especially Go Eun Chan, our hero/heroine in the story. Because she isn't a typical girl in the series but rather, she is mistaken to be a man by our hero, Choi Han Kyul.

This series also didn't only focus on the love story of our two main characters but it also focused on the stories of the people around them especially the supporting characters Choi Han Sung and Han Yoo Joo. So this 17-episode series wouldn't bore you by showing only Han Kyul and Eun Chan's faces.

The Princes who work on the Coffee Shop; Manager Hong, Jin Ha Rim, Hwang Mim Yeop and No Sun Ki also have their own life's sturggles as they dealt with the stubborness of their boss Han Kyul and the feminine side of their co-prince Eun Chan.

I was really amazed at how well this series has gotten all the hottest guys in Korea to star in one drama. As you watch this series, you won't only drool over our hot manager Choi Han Kyul but also to the princess and even his cousin Han Sung.

And what I most liked about this series was that it didn't have this very dramatic family conflict about not having Eun Chan as the in-law of the family because she is poor. Well I admit at first, it has those sterotypes but it didn't worsen like what we usually see in most series.

So yeah, for those who wanted to experience somethiong different with the same fun and love, try to watch The First Shop of Coffee Prince!

0 comments: