Monday, January 07, 2008

NANA - Anime, Manga and Movie

ANIME


The anime only showed the supposed to be first half of Yazawa Ai's manga. It has ended on this kind of cliffy that everyone will hate hence, they will tend to read the continuation in the manga. Well honestly, that was what I did.

It was only recommended to me by my friend Madel and as I watched the anime, I thought that the last episode would actually be the ending. But then when I've seen the ending, I was like, "Ok, I badly need to read the manga now!"

I was amazed at how well this story protrayed the realities not only in Japan and not only in young people's lives but in the whole world and old people's lives as well. This wasn't the typical love-friendship story that we usually see but rather, this story showed the bitterness of life and the consequences of success and bad decisions.

No matter how bad people review about this series, I couldn't care less because being an adult, I could actually empathize with each characters in the story, not only with Komatsu Nana and Osaki Nana. Each character has their own unique stories in life. They have their own wrong decisions, they have their own source of happiness and their own reasons to love.

It didn't only show love between a man and a woman but a deep and affectionate love between friends as well and how much one has to sacrifice for the other.

MANGA

Well the first parts of the manga were very much the same as with the anime but since the anime has ended halfway in the manga's story, you really have to read the manga by then. The manga hasn't finished yet as well, probably the reason why the Anime story was cut off.

So as the two Nanas' stories continued, judgment will arise and hatred will start. Now, you wouldn't be able to determine anymore if one's feeling are true or it's just because they're lonely. But the only true feelings that I've felt were Nana's feeling toward Hachiko. That even if she'll lose everything, she would still live as long at Hachi's by her side.

MOVIE


In all the Live Action movies that I've ever seen, Nana was the only one which has been most faithful to the manga. No scenes were modified although the side stories (those that do not pertain to the 2 Nanas' stories) were omitted, most of the special parts were shown. Plus, at the end of the second movie, it was modified to have a happy ending so as not to put some questionable cliffy's because who knows if they will still make the second season of the NANA anime?

0 comments: