Sunday, January 25, 2009

Annular Solar Eclipse

January 26th, 2009 @ approximately 4pm. I'm not sure if it'll hit the northern part of the Philippines. From what I've read, it could hit Mindanao though. I hope so. And I also hope it won't rain or there won't be any overcast thing. haha! =p

I just learned about this a moment ago when my sister told me. And I was like, "Jeez, you know what, I dreamed of an eclipse last night!"

But it was a very, very weird lunar eclipse. haha! You see. The sun covered up the moon and turned night into day. See how weird it was?

Isn't it weird? My dream went like this. I was from a Chinese New Year celebration. I watched the fireworks, but it rained. And then, the rain turned into salt that looked like snow on the ground.

Then afterward, I decided to go home, because my best friend was waiting. I took a bus and met a guy while on the way. It was close to midnight and I fell asleep. When I woke up, I saw a little light from the sky. I looked at my watch and it read 2:05 am. Then confused, I checked into my cellphone and it read the same time. Then, I asked the guy beside me and he said it was past 2 in the morning.

I looked at the sky again then muttered, "Lunar eclipse" haha! How can a lunar eclipse become like that? How weird.

Then I asked the driver to stop. I went out of the bus and people were also peering out from windows, looking at the sun. Yes, at 2 in the morning, it looked like the sun was already about to rise.

Then I realized I had to go home because my best friend would act very weird when there's a lunar eclipse. I took a cab and the guy I met went with me. My best friend was already freaking out and I had to strap her onto a chair to prevent her from hurting herself and hurting us.

Well, my dream ended there and I woke up. Hours after dreaming it, my sister told me about the eclipse. Was it just a coincidence or did it mean something? I'm not sure. I'm not a dream interpreter. hehe...

But nonetheless, I'm excited to see it tomorrow. I just wish, wish, wish, fucking wish that it won't rain tomorrow, and that the sky would be crystal clear! =]

Oh, another thing. It will be an Annular Eclipse...another coincidence? I'm getting very addicted to the Heroes series which has an Annular eclipse in their logo. =p

Annular Solar Eclipse

Heroes Logo

2 comments:

Lou Añonuevo said...

i wish i could actually see this! [:

Neym Ü said...

i wasn't able to see it. haha! it rained here.