Sunday, December 16, 2007

The Marketplace aka Palengke

so sinamahan ko sis ko sa palengke last friday because she said she wanted to buy veggies there instead of in the supermarket. i haven't been on a public market for a long time so i decided to go with her and as i stepped on the ill-smelling place, i've realized na parang sobrang arte ko yata lately.

i mean, when my sis and i went out of the car, i immediately inhaled the foul smell that only can be smelled on a public market. i covered my nose with my hanky and i've noticed that i was frowning to myself as we were walking along the "aisle", my sister looking for some nice veggies to buy.

so habang busy si sister sa pagpili, i was busy looking around naman, hoping to find something interesting like rats or cockroaches or the likes. hahaha. interesting? ironic, right? it was really weird, i'm not saying that i'm really maarte or what pero i've just realized how sensitive i get when i go to places that i wasn't used to go.

so after a while, my sister asked me to go to the parking lot with my bro and wait for her there. the parking lot was by the back of the "veggie department". while my bro and i were waiting for my sis to come back, i saw some guys cleaning up carrots on a huge basin. what surprised me was that these guys actually stepped over the carrots just like they were crushing grapes to make into wine. my goodness! so that's how they clean carrots, eh? and worse, one guy wtill has his slippers on and who knows where he came from? where he stepped those damn slippers?

then my bro jokingly told me, "neym, yung americans, diba kinakain nila ng hilaw yung carrots?" and i was like, "ewwwwwww" hahaha!! oh well, i know i was overacting but to eat something that someone stepped on? wouldn't that be too degrading?

oh well, i guess i've just lived a lot through modernity where we used to shop on shopping malls and supermarkets. where we couldn't see dirty stuff and ill-battered rodents and where we can be sure that veggies are cleaned in an acceptable way.

on the lighter and off-topic note, i got a new cellphone! Sony Ericsson Z610i!

0 comments: