Monday, June 01, 2009

now, i'm talkin'! :)

Yeah, I'm finally talking about my new step to the future. It has been a while since I told a few of you, guys about my plans to take up Medicine this year. It has been a very sudden decision, thinking that I didn't proceed with the course right after I graduated from my Nursing course. Everything just went so fast. I had to run up for my NMAT application, so I would be able to take the exam last April and would not wait for December anymore for the next exam. It was a little hard because I had to do everything, from the mailing, to the payment up to follow ups, all by myself, and without the assistance of the CEM, since I didn't submit my application on time.

But all came out well. I was able to go to Manila for the exam and then the waiting started. It has been over 4 weeks before the result was mailed to me and in those four weeks of waiting, I've had lots of dilemmas on whether I will continue with my plans, or would just back out and start looking for a new job. I already have a profession, anyway.

I asked for signs, different signs on whether I would continue applying for Medicine. Then the first sign came. My friend, Dhawell texted me that his cousin also wanted him to take up Medicine. I told him about my plans to back out but he encouraged me to go on. If he would continue, like me, we would be doctors together in the near future. =p

And then the NMAT result came. Mum went to DMSF to ask if I passed and they said I did. When I heard about it, as if all my doubts and second thoughts disappeared and I became very determined to go on with my plans.

I spent 2 straight weeks to process my application for the school. I never imagined it would be this stressful, because it wasn't like this when I enrolled for first year college in my Nursing course in Ateneo. It was so different but when I was finally enrolled to the school, it was such a fulfillment.

My next adventure will start on June 8th, and I hope that I will be able to blog happily about my new life as a medical student in the next weeks to come. :)

3 comments:

Nadine Camille said...

Go sis! I can tell you had so much adventure in fulfilling your dreams. Aja aja fighting, i hope u'll succeed :P welcome back!!

[ilove-pink.info]
[colormerainbow.co.nr]

~* omi *~ said...

Yay. Medicine course.. Goodluck to that ate neym. Im planning also that after i nursing i will go straight to medicine course. anyway congrats for passing DMSF.

Neym Ü said...

NADINE: thanks a lot! right now, i need all the support from my friends, family and from you guys, who follow my blog. thanks so much. :)

OMI: thanks a lot! yeah, it's indeed a worthy decision for you to continue on the medical course after you graduate from nursing. i hope your dream would come true, too. :)