Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Angels and Demons - Tom Hanks and Ayelet Zurer


Finally, I was able to watch this much awaited movie of the year! I wasn't able to watch it when it was first shown on theaters because I didn't have anyone to watch with me. My friends were so busy that they weren't able to watch either.

So anyway, it was last night when I was able to watch the film. I've heard a lot of comments from my friends who have read the book that it was very disappointing. I've also read the book, but I wasn't much disappointed because the film adaptation was so much better than any other adaptation I've seen. Although they have changed the ending of the movie, I still wasn't disappointed, because I'd rather one of the Preferiti would be saved so he would be the next Holy See; in this case, it was Cardinal Baggia. I still have high respects on Cardinal Mortati though.

And I was surprised to see that Camerlengo Ventresca is Ewan McGregor and he was exactly the kind of guy whom I imagined the Camerlengo would look like. But I noticed he was addressed as Patrick by Cpt. Rocher, or did I hear wrong? I remembered his name in the book was Carlo.

The only thing that disappointed me was how short the confrontation was between the head of the Swiss Guard and the Camerlengo when Robert and Vittoria saw the video. If you don't ask anyone who has read the book, you won't understand why the Camerlengo murdered the Pope and initiated the fake resurfacing of the Illuminati. At least that essential part must have been very precise since it was the answer to all the questions that any viewer would ask since the beginning of the movie.

It wasn't done for revenge or to tell the Church that Science and Religion could never coincide. It was in fact a move done out of anger and disappointment as well as the fact that priests would never accept Science as an explanation to any Religious phenomena.

Angels and Demons, from what I understand wanted to tell us that Religion (referred to as Angels) and Science (referred to as Demons) could actually exist in Harmony only if one accepts the other peacefully. :)

1 comments:

trisha said...

just watch angels & demons last last week