Sunday, November 12, 2006

Memories of a Good Friend


People know her as Joie, some consider her an alien, but people who are close to her consider her a sister. A funny, very entertaining sister. Yes, that's Joelle Maxine Lindley.


I met her sometime this year when I started becoming active in the W.I.T.C.H forum. Meeting her for the first time seemed like meeting her again after not seeing her for a long time. Yes, Joie indeed felt like a friend whom I've known for long.

She's a very jolly person and although there's a language barrier between us, she doesn't make herself feel left out because she knows how to meddle with every kind of people.

Joie is someone whom you'll love just talking to her and laughing with her. She could be everybody's friend and she never chooses standards.

But then I've discovered from one friend that she was terribly sick. Her leukemia has gotten worse and now, she's spending her remaining life in the hospital.

It was indeed a shocking news knowing just weeks ago that she was doing very fine and she's gonna be active again next month. We had high hopes about her return but everything was crushed when Denise broke the news.

So sad, it has been a while since I've posted about my feelings and I did this because I just wanted to fill out my emotions. Although we haven't met personally yet, she has already grown into me and I can already consider her as one of my bestfriends.

But this happening can't be stopped when you just say stop. I think fate has had it. she has been in a lot of troubles before but she remained strong. Maybe this is the time when she truly has to let go and take a rest after all her sufferings.

I really feel bad for her fiancee and most of all for her daughter.

I'll miss you, Joie! Hope you'll stay with us since you'll be stuck in our hearts!

0 comments: