Friday, September 18, 2015

The Speed of Time

I woke up at 6 am today, only to realize that I got the weekend off, so I decided to get back for a sleep-in. It felt like just half an hour had passed, and when I opened my eyes again, I was surprised to see that it was already 9 in the morning.
Then I remembered those past days when I would return home at 5 in the afternoon, check my social media sites, watch some Youtube videos and without knowing it, it was already 8 pm and I haven’t had dinner yet.
At this point, you could say, “Time sure flies by so fast.”
But I remembered when I was a kid, time seemed to tick slower than today, when in fact it never changes; it still runs 24 hours a day. So what happened? Is it because I’m a grown up now, and I’ve got more responsibilities to attend to in a day, compared to when I was a kid?
One of the conclusions that I’ve drawn is the fact that these days, the world has become too industrialized that aside from the basic things we do everyday, we multitask with other things such as going to the gym, watching movies, playing video games, stalking celebrities, uploading photos on social media sites, and everything else that actually steals the time we have to relax and watch the clock tick by.
While doing these things, we are not aware of the time passing, and when we are done, we’ll be surprised at how much time flew.
Like right now. I finally woke up at 9 am, prepared and ate my breakfast, played a round of games on my cellphone and wrote this blog. There were only 3 things that I did, and you’d say “meh,” but believe me or not, it took me 2 hours to finish everything. Yes, it’s exactly 11 am right now.

0 comments: