Monday, October 07, 2013

Twenty-Eight


As much as I celebrated my birthday last year with a loud bang, and extended parties, I spent this year’s birthday solemnly. Well, maybe because of the fact that it’s actually our first day back in school for the second semester. lol!
But really, it wasn’t as grand as how I celebrated it last year. It was simple, and I wasn’t even able to gather all my friends for it.
The best thing that happened today was how Team 73, my adoptive family surprised me with a little yet very amazing present. Yes, a cake…SURPRISE! hahaha!! But really, it was a gesture that I would keep in my heart forever. :)
So since it was the first day of class, I spent most of my day in school, thanking the people who greeted me in all way possible: phone call, text, Facebook message, Facebook wall, Twitter, Instagram, or personally. Though some of them greeted me because they saw in their notifications that it was my birthday, I still appreciated it all the same.
So my duty groupies had our first day of rotation in the Surgery department at DDH. It took a while, we were dismissed at around 6:30 in the evening, so we just had our dinner at a little pizzeria just outside the hospital. It was also two of my groupies’ birthdays the past couple of weeks, so we decided (or were forced lol) to treat the whole group to a pizza dinner. Really, it wasn’t much, but it was fun. :)
So maybe I’ll be celebrating with my Aceteryahe Family sometime this month, and I’ll be celebrating with mom on the weekends, perhaps. :)
Duty groupies at Alberto’s Pizza. It was a joint celebration for the three of us who had our birthdays in the past two weeks. :)

0 comments: