Thursday, November 29, 2012

Hallowmere: Maiden of the Wolf


Rating: 4/5
Wow! Just wow! the summary at the back piqued my interest when I checked out this book, that’s why I bought it. And what’s more, it was only for 50 Php. :p
Anyways, I was intrigued by the title, because it was much too different from the summary written at the back, about a woman who aims to free the girls from the evil hands of Countess Bathory, who actually existed in history.
But as I coursed through the book, I later found out why it was titled as such. It was very subtle, which made it more intriguing.
Aside from the “supernatural” genre of the story, it also revolved around love and sacrifices, which could only be brought to life by a very skilled author.
It was beautiful. I really couldn’t put words to describe how much I enjoyed reading this novel. More so, it was a fiction based on a factual history about the Blood Countess, Erzebet Bathory of Hungary.
And oh, I sooooo love the heroine’s name. Ilona. I actually included it in my list of names that I wanted to give my future daughter. It’s Hungarian for “light” or “beautiful” and I think it indeed is a very beautiful name. :)
So yeah, I totally loved reading the book, though I found out that it was actually the 4th volume which meant there were 3 volumes prior. No wonder I didn’t quite understand all about Hallowmere. :p

0 comments: