Saturday, July 14, 2012

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter



President by day, Hunter by night.
Just watched it at Gaisano Mall Cinema. I was skeptical when I first saw the trailer of this movie, and its posters. The 16th President of the United States, a vampire hunter? It was just absurd, even for a fictional story. Then I discovered, that it was based on a mash-up novel written by Seth Grahame-Smith.
After hearing mixed reviews, I grew curious of the film. Maybe it really has something good despite the ridiculous title.
So my friends and I were supposed to watch Ice Age 4, but decided to watch this movie instead. My verdict? 4/5.
The movie portrayed a different history of the President who abolished slavery and won the Civil War. The factual history was mixed with the existence of vampires, who led the war against Lincoln just because he freed the slaves who were supposed to be their food.
The mash-up was really good, for you can still see the real history of President Lincoln in a fantasy world. Something that could make you think, “What if this really happened in history?” :p Well that is, if you really believed in the existence of vampires. :p
I like how Benjamin Walker portrayed the president with precision; how he talked, moved, and even how he looked. That was what struck me the most. I was constantly telling my friends how he looked so much like the real president.
And in this movie, they also showed us that not all vampires were evil, as represented by Henry Sturgess, the vampire who taught Abe to become a hunter of the history.
Power Lincoln, power. Comes not from hate, but from truth. - Henry Sturgess

0 comments: