Saturday, July 18, 2009

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince


I really don't know how to strat. But maybe I'll start with saying, WTF! How did they all grow up so fast?

Oh well, I'm sort of proud to say that I'm one of those who actually watched them grow from little kids to ladies and gents. hehe.

WARNING: Spoilers ahead. =p

But back to the movie, as usual, it was an awesome movie, however, we who have read the books couldn't help but get a little disappointed with the scenes that weren't included in the movie. Those scenes won't even take up much of the allotted running time for that movie.

For once, a very essential scene wasn't included. The Battle in the Astronomy Tower. Imagine a bunch of Death Eaters invading the castle of Hogwarts, do you think they would just walk around the castle silently without wreaking havoc? Just being realistic, we all know that there should be a battle going on when Harry and Dumbledore returned from their journey in the cave. But there was nothing. There was only silence and confrontations that I think really ruined the movie.

What I like about the movie though was that they sort of showed that Snape really isn't the bad guy, even if it was only subliminal. It was when he gestured to Harry not to make a sound as he climbed up and killed Dumbledore. It was like telling Harry to stay put and follow Dumbledore's orders until the end, as if letting Harry know that he really shouldn't do anything to disobey the Headmaster's orders.

It was good, really. For those who already knew about the Deathly Hallows perhaps would agree with me. For those who don't, sorry for the spoiler.

Another thing that I love in the movie was the scene in the cave. For the first time, I screamed while watching a Harry Potter movie. That Inferius scene when Harry scooped up some water really surprised me. And when Dumbledore conjured the fire to ward of the Inferi, it was indeed beyond what I was imagining. It was more intense and amazing.

No matter how hard I try to complain about the movie, I still couldn't help but love it. Maybe because I've been a fan for already nine years now, and there's really nothing that can make me say no to anything going on with Harry Potter. :)

0 comments: