Saturday, August 04, 2007

Thank You - Jang Hyuk & Gong Hyo Jin

Jang Hyuk - Min Gi Suh
Gong Hyo Jin - Lee Young Shin
Seo Shin Ae - Lee Bom
Shin Sung Rok - Choi Suk Hyun

I never thought that I would cry so hard again after shedding a lot of tears for Snow Queen until I was able to watch this higest-rated series in Korea, beating up Witch Yoo Hee and The Devil of the rival Korean Entertainment stations.

Thank You indeed was a very unique love story between a kind and simple woman and an arrogant doctor. The conflict the occurred in this series wasn't like the any other typical series because here, our main character Lee Young Shin has to live her life with two dependent people; her grandpa with dementia and her daughter who acquired AIDS through a blood trasfusion when she was younger.

Aside from these dependent characters came Young Shin's ex-boyfriend and Bom's father Choi Suk Hyun rivalring against the doctor Min Gi Suh who came to take care of Young Shin's family after finding out that his girlfriend who eventually died of cancer was the doctor who made the greatest mistake about the blood trasfusion.

This unique and touching story shows how simple people can become someone else's miracle as Young Shin and Bom made the arrogant and bastard Min Gi Suh into a total guardian angel who promised to take care of their family until the day of his death.

I cried so much watching this series and I really don't have any objections on why it became the higest-rated series in Korea when it was aired. Just like what Min Gi Suh said, "Young Shin and Bom are my miracles," this series was indeed a miracle itself opening our closed minds to the realities and life and how to simply be thankful even with just a piece of choco-pie.

Yes, this series made me love choco-pies so much that whenever I go to a supermarket, I would definitely make sure that I can grab one before going to the counter. Because just like the choco-pie, Thank You made me realize the possibilities in ones life and definitely made me smile. =]

0 comments: